Monday, October 31, 2011

6.29.06 Food Reporter Comment

I always enjoyed this description of my grandmother:

Jack said...

Mattpod's grandmother pulled up next to me at a stoplight, and started whistling and hooting to get my attention. I realized that she wanted to drag race (she was in a heavily modded Supra) and revved my engine (I was in my utility Civic that I use for chores, but that is basically street illegal) to signify that, yeah, Grampod, I'll race you. So the light turns green, and I take off, and I'm two blocks away before I realize that she took off from the light in reverse and is already five blocks behind the starting line. I bank myself up off some newspaper machines to do a quick 180 and take off after her - going forward while she's in reverse - just so I can give her a quick thumbs up to concede victory. It takes me over two miles to catch up with her, and we wind up down along East Broadway before I finally catch her. She's just laughing and nodding at me and she's got her old lady buddy in the car with just laughing her head off. So I buy them both lunch at Canton Carl's (this totally illegal Chinese food place that's only for real hard-asses) and while we're eating she tells me to either get bigger wheels or balls, and then she and her buddy crack up, and she buys us a round of Tsingtaos. Classic Mattpod's grandmother all the way.

9:17 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment