Friday, October 28, 2011

fan letters (April 30, 2007)

Sean: You should send Brad Neely a fan letter.
me: you think?
5:59 PM Sean: Sure! Writing fan letters is fun.
Thought: don't write emails to minor cultural figures you admire in the middle of the night when you are drunk.
me: I never do that. maybe I will.
hmm
have you done that?
6:00 PM Sean: Yeah, it's come up some times.
Cartoonists...
Several cartoonists.
The guy who invented del.icio.us...
He actually wrote me back less than an hour later with a nice note.
me: that's awesome
6:01 PM Sean: Sometimes, after I finally muster the courage to read what I wrote, it turns out that it wasn't too sentimental or confused and mostly made sense and seemed polite and reasonable, but I still felt very embarrassed anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment