Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Nicknames

This conversation took place over the course of 50 minutes.

9/15/07

10:08 AM Sean: GOOD MORNING

10:22 AM me: why hello

10:23 AM Sean: You should go to bed; it's pretty late.

10:25 AM me: i live hard, die hard

10:26 AM Sean: I always said that about you.

10:27 AM I always said, "Zach would walk right up to me and tell me that he lives hard, and then he would call me "Die Hard," which was a nickname he came up with based on an action movie that had come out in the 1980s starring Bruce Willis, wherein he played a cop who had... well, listen, it was based on action movie, and you should see it so I can do my funny, 'Come out to the coast, we'll get together, have some laughs,' bit."

I said that so much.

10:35 AM me: yeah

people love that

10:37 AM Sean: Anyway, it's the same how you always tell me, "Live hard, Die Hard," (meaning "Live hard, Boyland,") how I keep saying, "Don't let these trifling jerks rob you of your serenity, The Matrix," (meaning you, by "The Matrix," for a number of reasons too great to be enumerated presently.)

10:38 AM We really need to develop a simpler system of nomenclature.

At least to exclude the parentheticals.

10:39 AM We both already know who "Die Hard" and "The Matrix" are, and even if we didn't, it would be obvious by context.

Like, when we look at each other and give each other advice, it's already obvious that we're talking to each other, with or without the lengthy explications of our nicknames, which we already know anyway.

10:50 AM me: I don't know

I like the nicknames

and I like saying them

Sean: Me too, I wonder about the lengthy explanations.

10:52 AM It's just, The Matrix, I feel like we would have more time to say the nicknames if we didn't have to keep explaining them. (Meaning you, by "The Matrix," for a number of reasons too great to be enumerated presently.)

You know what I mean, The Matrix? (Meaning you, by "The Matrix," for a number of reasons too great to be enumerated presently.)

10:53 AM me: what if we just shortened the explanations, "Die Hard," which was a nickname he came up with based on an action movie that had come out in the 1980s starring Bruce Willis, wherein he played a cop who had... well, listen, it was based on action movie, and you should see it so I can do my funny, 'Come out to the coast, we'll get together, have some laughs,' bit."

Sean: Honestly, they're not even very good explanations.

10:54 AM me: what if we just switched nicknames

would that help/

?

Sean: I think I see what you're saying, but what if we just called each other "Die Hard" and "The Matrx"?

"Matrix"?

Well, sort of it would help.

me: okay

Sean: I think if in the process of switching, if we stopped explaining them...

me: no

Sean: ...Die Hard...

Oh yeah...!!!

10:55 AM Oh, yeah, Die Hard, we did it!

me: The Matrix!!!

Sean: Yes?

me: You're The Matrix!

I feel good about all this

Sean: I'm glad to hear that...

Die Hard.

10:56 AM me: I gotta go do some crap, The Matrix

Sean: Have fun, Die Harb. I mean Die Hard.

Man, this is hard...

me: I know

Sean: Die hard.

Ha ha ha!

Okay, have fun doing things.

me: huh..ho ho haaa hahaa!

thanks The Matrix

10:57 AM bye

Sean: BYE Hard.

Ha ha ha!

Ha ha ha ha ha!

Bye Hard!

Ha ha ha ha ha!

This really does make much more sense for four reasons that don't need enumerating presently.

10:58 AM Okay, well, one of them is my greater resemblance to Carrie Anne Moss.

Anyways, you're probably doing other things at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment